Scripts for Real Estate Investing Success
Ok, you have some leads that your VA has called, gotten the Property Information Sheet filled out & sent back to you! Awesome!
…But now what? What do you do?
You know you need to call the seller asap & see if this might be a deal you can do or not.
FURTHER PRESCREENING REQUIRED!
Buuuuut… you don’t have a clue as to what to say or how to handle the call, right?
No worries. I’ve got you covered. And I’ve made this process as simple as possible for you.
How? I’ve written the script below! Read through it entirely before using.
Then, once you get the hang of it, it’s EASY! Everything is explained below:
SCRIPT 1: CONTACTING YOUR VA PRE-SCREENED LEADS:
Simple Goal: To touch base & set an appointment.
Use This Script When: If you’re new or have no time to fully process.
Call & ask to talk to the person on the lead sheet by name.
“Hello…May I speak with NAME, please?”
When they confirm that’s them, say (with enthusiasm):
“Hi NAME, I’m calling about the house you’re selling at ADDRESS.
Is it still available?”
When they say it is, reply (in a ‘curious’ tone) with,
“Sounds like I caught you in the middle of something…Is it not a good time?”
They almost always reply that it’s fine & invite you to continue.
USE THIS TACTIC. It puts you in control. You’ll see.
“Great! Well the reason I’m calling is that I understand you spoke with my assistant, (ASSISTANT’S NAME) recently & he/she asked you a whole bunch of crazy questions about your house…
Do you remember that conversation?”
They’ll (hopefully) say yes.
Then you say, “Ok, well, I’m interested in buying a house in that area and I’d like to talk to you about how I’d love to buy yours! …But I’m about to head into a meeting right now, so why don’t we set up a time when we can talk for about 5-10 minutes and go from there… Sound good?”
ACTION: When they agree, you should set up an appointment that works for you both. Done!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- You MUST have a tone of confidence & authority in your voice. If you sound weak/not confident, you’re done. Work on it. The key is to…
- PRACTICE using this script so it sounds & feels natural. Friends/family are great.
- If you’re a new mentor student, set up your seller call appointment during our mentor call time.
This Script Works Because It Does The Following:
- Acknowledges they’ve spoken with someone on your team.
- Gets back to them quickly.
- Provides another “touch.” Each touch helps solidify a relationship with them and brings you closer to doing business.
- Establishes you as a professional because you’re showing that you get back to people quickly AND you value their time as well as your own – and that’s why you set up an APPOINTMENT.
- Helps YOU because you’ll be able to hear what they sound like on the phone before fully engaging with them. Gives you time.
- It helps you even more because it gives you the chance to talk to the seller without any pressure of having to do any of the “hard work” of negotiating! You’re just calling them back to touch base & set an appointment! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!
NOTE: This is a GREAT technique to use early on in your mentoring program, because it gets you doing something small to build confidence.
You can use this script to set up time for us to call the seller together during our mentoring call if you like.
NOTE: You should use this script to contact the leads you get back from your VA as soon as possible, because it’s not only the right thing to do, it also establishes you as a professional & considerate person.
NOTE: If the seller ever says/does something weird, just deal with it & keep the script moving forward! Don’t let them stop you!
TIP: Have FUN! Don’t take things so seriously. Make them laugh.