Latest Update: Mastering the Call & Getting Leads (MUST Read)
Hello! Here’s a quick update for you that you need to read…
I just heard from the man, Ron, himself. He shared a quick status report on how things are going, as well as giving out some very sage advice, as Ron is known to do. You’ll DEFINITELY want & need to read this, as it affects YOU!
Here’s the deal.
For some time now, Ron has been calling people who enrolled in the Masters Program after about 30 days of their enrollment.
He says that most of these calls are the same, which is not terribly surprised, all things considered.
There are a few people who hit the ground running and do well very quickly.
Several people seem to struggle, as life gets in the way.
But the majority of students all seem to struggle with ONE huge issue…
Can you guess what it is?
That’s right—Mastering the phone calls, especially with sellers!!
Many times, a lot of people will try to say that they’re not getting enough leads or are just looking for a new cool way to generate leads…but at the same time, they’re not handling the leads that they are getting correctly!
So… WHAT is the Solution?
Well, we have an answer for that, in the form of an actual ASSIGNMENT for you to follow!
Here’s What To Do To Fix This:
- Beginning Immediately, you should start to RECORD the calls you’re making to sellers.
- Call at least FIVE new sellers per DAY (if you can).
- After you’ve made (and recorded) AT LEAST 20-30 calls, pick the BEST TWO recordings and send them to me by email.
- I will listen to the call & give you an expert critique/evaluation. This is priceless. I’ll tell you what you did right & what you did wrong. What you can/should improve on. Honest, truthful, suggestions that will help you tremendously. You’ll see.
Great TIPS (Filling in the Details):
- Find an app on your phone to record your calls. If you have an Android, try “Call Recorder,” available in the Play Store. Sorry, can’t help you if you have an iPhone, but I’m sure there’s an app for that.
- After you’ve made your calls for the day, PLAY them back to yourself & take notes as you do. Write down what you liked or didn’t like. You’ll be amazed, shocked, and possibly horrified at how things sound. What you missed. Your voice. The ‘ummms’ and ‘ahhhhs.’
- If you’re a current student of mine, you may send me your TWO BEST CALLS, after you’ve made AT LEAST 20-30 calls.
- You’re allowed, encouraged, and almost required to do so at this current iteration of the Mentor Program.
- If you send me a call or two, PLEASE keep the length to no more than 5-7 minutes, tops, if possible (unless the call is really going well).
- If you’re NOT a current student of mine, why not? You can always renew your mentoring! Just email me and ask how.
- If you’re just starting out, or are in the first month of two of your mentoring program, NOTHING is more important than handling this part of the business!!
- Don’t worry about messing things up. You will. Everyone does! But everyone has to start somewhere.
How do you get good or great at something? You first have to suck at it until you’ve done it enough times and worked on your process as aggressively as you can. This is what will help you improve as fast as possible.
- TIP: Practice talking to sellers as if you’re talking to a friend.
Sending those two calls to me is imperative. Vital. Essential. So do it. Again – only if you’re a current student, please.
NEXT: Regarding LEADS, Marketing, and spending money…
Ron & I do NOT want you spending a bunch of money on your marketing…until you’re totally ready to do so.
And by ‘ready,’ we mean that you’re already doing deals, have your skills sharpened, and really know what you’re doing.
Putting money into marketing means that you’re ready to scale your business up, based on the success you’re already having.
This means NO yellow letters until you’re able to master the call and maybe you might not even need to send letters out at that point, either. Ron says that if you do what’s taught at the Quick Start event, you won’t need those costly yellow letters.
Here’s a quick, easy, cheap/free list of activities you can do to really start generating all the leads you’ll probably ever need…assuming that you’re handling the calls correctly.
Quick List of Lead Gen Activities:
- Have Your VA Run Free Ads For You
- While Driving, find FSBO signs and send them to your VA to call and prescreen.
- Get other people (“Field Agents,” or “Ants”) to find FSBO signs and send them to you/VA. Pay them like $10/lead.
Can by anyone you know who has a car; meter reader, Postman, FedEx Driver, UPS Driver, any Contractor, etc.
- Ask people you know who have a car if they’d put a sign in the rear window if you pay them $10 per call you get.
- Make sure you’re getting the leads from your Gold Club membership.
- Make sure you know WHAT to do with those Gold Club leads every day.
- Run ads/gigs on Craigslist for field agents who can be looking for FSBO signs AND ugly vacant houses.
Ron says that everyone he has talked to is getting leads, but none of them are handling the calls correctly.
If you do these things, you should get plenty of leads, and if you’re not getting any deals, it’s probably because you may be screwing up the calls. We need to fix that.
Remember the Ugly House business! While you’re chasing nice homes, you can also be working in the lower end areas doing the same things – looking for cheaper houses to take over debt as well as houses that need to be renovated.
It doesn’t hurt to do a wholesale deal or two, especially when you’re just getting started!
- Record Your Calls to Sellers
- After you’ve made at least 20-30 calls, pick your BEST TWO calls & email them to me.
Make sure they’re no longer than 5 minutes, please!
This is for CURRENT Students ONLY.
- I’ll critique & evaluate these calls & give you specific feedback on areas of improvement.
- Go over the list of lead generation techniques above & do what you can to immediately implement as many of them as possible.
That is all the updates we have for you for now.
BONUS!: CLICK HERE to download the latest call script from the recent “Mastering The Phone” event!
REMINDER!: CLICK HERE to use the Form/Interactive Script I’ve already created for you to use when doing closing calls with sellers.